[asterisk-dev] Adding max_open_files option to asterisk.conf?

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Fri Jul 7 05:54:50 MST 2006

7 jul 2006 kl. 13.41 skrev Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:

>> I've written this little patch for 1.2 to allow setting the
>> maximum open files in asterisk.conf. This resembles the use of
>> 'ulimit -n' before starting asterisk, but I find it a better
>> solution to do this with setrlimit in the asterisk code, the same
>> way as -g calls setrlimit to allow a coredump. Unfortunately, I
>> don't really know my way around the trunk code, but is there
>> anyone that can help porting the code, please?
>
> It might even help to send the actual patch :)
>
> http://asterisk-backports.org/wiki/index.php/Max_open_files-1.2
>
> All is GPL and my disclaimer is sent. The reason I'm not filing
> this on mantis, is it's still 1.2 code
>
> hope this is ok

Well, it worries me that patches for new features are distributed
only for 1.2, unless you really want to avoid us handling this in the
core Asterisk distribution. The proper way would be to take the way
around Mantis so we have the patch archived there, alongside with the
disclaimer from the coder.

I do understand why you took this route, since you would get a
reminder from bug marshals that we need a patch for trunk - but ask
people to help you, it should not be that hard for this small patch.

I recommend everyone to provide patches for trunk first in Mantis,
then take it to backports so we don't fork code by accident or get
patches that the core developers can't "upgrade" to trunk, since we
can't trace the developers or get disclaimers. That would be unfortunat.

Thanks for contributing. Let's work this out so we have a good
routine that works for everyone and not confuse everyone that wants
to contribute. Going by Mantis is and should be the official route
for new code.

/Olle