[asterisk-dev] Passing AOC information across channels

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jan 30 09:43:01 MST 2006

Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> On Monday, January 30, 2006 4:19 PM Olle E Johansson wrote:
>

>>What is the difference between AOC and our use of Accountcode in
>>Asterisk?
>

> The AOC information tells you the exact cost for the call while the accountcode
 > specifies where the cost should be charged to in your company. This
might explain
 > our misunderstanding in bug 6152. There currently seems to be no way
of storing
 > the AOC information in the CDRs. "Use custom CDRs" does not seem to
be a valid answer,
 > since there is no way to access the AOC information from within the
dialplan. At least none I know of. Correct?

No. Custom CDR variables can be anything - the amount of apples, the LCR
route identifier, the absolutely needed Inter-galactic routing number
and the Mastercard pin code. They are working in Asterisk 1.2 and svn trunk.

We are moving towards a more dynamic format for CDRs, which means that
we are very cautios of adding more fields to the fixed formats.

The current problem with custom CDR variables are that the developers of
the CDR drivers haven't added support for them in the CDR drivers. There
is no way you can tell the MySQL CDR driver "oh, by the way, please add
the AOC CDR variable to field #18, thank you and have a cookie on me".
This is needed.

As far as I see it, the problem is that neither of the three AOC codes
are available from incoming zap calls. The patch that added AOC-E does
nothing with it at all, so it is not reachable.

 From reading the specs, this is an ETSI standard which seems very
European (newton's telecom dictionnary claims that it is only used in
GSM networks). We need to either convince (or pay) Digium (read: mattf)
to add it or create a patch and submit it to the bug tracker. What is
needed is taking the AOC and putting it in a channel variable. After
that we can either store it in the cdr user field or - when it is useful
- in the CDR variables for storage by the CDR drivers.

Questions:
- Has anyone used AOC on PRI links outside of Europe?
- Anyone that wants to hack zaptel/libpri to fix this?
- Anyone that wants to set up a bounty for paying someone to fix it?

Disclaimer:
I am just trying to figure this out. Don't assume that I know anything
about AOC :-)

/O