[asterisk-dev] Passing AOC information across channels

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jan 30 10:04:43 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 17:43 +0100, Olle E Johansson wrote:

>  From reading the specs, this is an ETSI standard which seems very
> European (newton's telecom dictionnary claims that it is only used in
> GSM networks). We need to either convince (or pay) Digium (read: mattf)
> to add it or create a patch and submit it to the bug tracker. What is
> needed is taking the AOC and putting it in a channel variable. After
> that we can either store it in the cdr user field or - when it is useful
> - in the CDR variables for storage by the CDR drivers.

That part is highly interesting. It now explains the feature on my new
cell phone where I get a message after hanging up a call that advises me
not only of the cost of the call I just completed but also the remaining
balance on my account.

And just to maybe throw a monkey wrench into the European or not
question, I am using Cingular in Tennessee. So I could see that being an
interesting thing to have for some larger carriers in the area.