[asterisk-dev] Re: ztdummy question

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 03:14:44 MST 2006

In article <43D14D89.8010506 at kinex.net>, Sean Cook <scook at kinex.net> wrote:

> with the changes to the ztdummy to rely on rtc vs jiffies, I am now
> forced to increase the interrupt frequency time by roughly 10x the
> frequency recommended for the SMP processing systems.
>
> Is this wise?  Or would it be better to not assume that the CONFIG_HZ ==
> 1000 and base the calculation on what ever HZ is set to?

You should make sure that USE_RTC is defined, and then you WON'T depend
on the value of HZ in the kernel, because the interrupts will be generated
by the RTC chip and not hooked into the kernel jiffy clock.

> Maybe for me the solution is to not rely on ztdummy at all ( i will be
> using a te210P in this server ).

You only need to use ztdummy if you have NO zaptel hardware in the system.
Once you install a TE210P, you should remove ztdummy and make sure it does
not get loaded.

> If I am way off on this question, i apologize... it just seem strange.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Tony
--