[Asterisk-Dev] Re: click-to-call cleint

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Jan 17 08:22:31 MST 2006

I have implemented this in Active Server Pages, since we are a Windows shop,
but it's not hard to do this in your favorite scripting language. What you
need is:

1. Polling script that examines a directory on your Asterisk server looking
for new files in a specific directory (NOT /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)
when it finds one, it moves the .call file from that directory to
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

2. A web page where you POST the number to call and other options, such as
the callee (extension) and / or the context. On POST, the web page / script
assembles the .call file and copies it over to the directory on the Asterisk
server. How you implement the copying mechanism is up to you, I used Samba.

You can see this in action at http://www.landmarkhomes.ca . We had a guy
call us (in Calgary) from Toronto the other day and he was so impressed that
we are at the top of his A-list for consideration (we sell new houses in
Calgary and Edmonton; this guy was transferring to Calgary for a tech job,
so nerdy things like this impress him)

If you wish, email me offline and I can send you the script, it's quite
simple. PS your post belongs on the -users list.

 > i need to write a click-to-call client so that user visit website and
click on a link, will  > initial a call to a * exten or a zap phone, but the
user needn't to install any client  > software to be able to start the click
to call.