[asterisk-dev] COMPILE ERROR - branch 1.2 r9861 - /branches/1.2/asterisk.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 14 11:00:04 MST 2006

Armin Schindler wrote:

>>With that said... this should not have been merged without a disclaimer,
>>just on principle alone. I have told everyone that simple fixes (one
>>liners, typos, just moving code from one place to another etc.) are OK
>>to accept without a disclaimer, but this clearly does not fall into that
>>category.
>

> If so, how will you deal with that?

If that situation does occur, our only recourse to revert the merge of
the potentially infringing code until such time as the situation is
resolved (if the contributor disclaims it, it can go back in... if not,
it has to stay out).

In this particular case it appears that BJ did write this patch on his
own with information derived from yours, but realistically the code
could not have been changed in any other way, so there is no licensing
concern here.