[asterisk-dev] COMPILE ERROR - branch 1.2 r9861 - /branches/1.2/asterisk.c

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:43:05 MST 2006

On 2/14/06, Armin Schindler <armin at melware.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Armin Schindler wrote:
> >
> > > When using setuid() or similar functions, the dumpable flag for the process
> > > is deleted. With prctl(PR_SET_DUMPABLE,...) this flag is set again to create
> > > core dumps again.
> > >
> > > I added this to openpbx just yesterday. I'm wondering if putting this into
> > > asterisk may be against Digiums rules, because it is GPL without signed
> > > disclaimer?
> >
> > That's a tough call. Even if this block of code was not disclaimed, it
> > is such a small and simple change that likely copyright does not attach
> > to it. In addition, if anyone else was tasked with fixing this bug, they
> > likely would have created identical (or nearly so) code, so it would be
> > difficult to claim that there is copyrightable property here.
>
> I don't have a problem with that. I found the problem and its fix, but I don't claim anything.
> A "thanks to ..." would be nice ;-)
> Totally agreed on "difficult to claim that there is copyrightable property
> here".
> I was just refering to a small patch (one-liner as well) for a fix in app_disa I sent
> via the bug-tracker months ago and someone did insist on a signed
> disclaimer....
>
> > With that said... this should not have been merged without a disclaimer,
> > just on principle alone. I have told everyone that simple fixes (one
> > liners, typos, just moving code from one place to another etc.) are OK
> > to accept without a disclaimer, but this clearly does not fall into that
> > category.
>
> If so, how will you deal with that?

 Armin -

 No question this was your fix to begin with, regardless of where you
made it, and thank you for that! If that was me originally that asked
you for the signed disclaimer way back when, I apologize for that as
well. Months ago, I think I was still feeling my own way through
trying to become of use as a bug marshal for the project.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/