[asterisk-dev] SIP Hints

Jadrien Wauthier jwauthier at dalcon.com
Tue Dec 26 03:01:53 MST 2006

Hello,

I have been doing a lot of searching on the net.  I haven't been able to
find any helpful information.  Buddy watch is a feature that seems to be
very popular.  We have it working the way we want it to work; however,
there are times when asterisk will not show the actual status of a
device.  When I run "show hints", the status is wrong, "in use".

I realize that asterisk does not actually show the "device state".  It
sets hints based on what it thinks the device is doing.  Is there a way
to get around this?  Is there a way to get asterisk to recheck to make
sure that the device is actually in use?

Jadrien Wauthier