[asterisk-dev] sip address in voicemail emails

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 15:03:43 MST 2006

hi,

I am using asterisk 1.2.10.
I am trying to send sip links in asterisk voicemail, so that users can
easily reply to emails.
This does not seem to be straightforward.
First, there seems to be no variable that prints out the domain name of the
sip call, since I am including every variable mentioned on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+voicemail.conf
Second, if i include in the emailbody variable sip:${VM_CIDNUM}@mydomain (on
the wrong assumption that the phone call was from a telephone number), gmail
responds by assuming it is a mailto link, and outlook treats it as plain
text.  Having examined the emails being sent in mutt, it appears that the
message has no mime type (neither text nor text/html).  Unsurprisingly,
then, enclosing it in an href, i.e. <a href=sip:my at address.com>click
here<a/> is of no help.

Is there  a workaround for this?

Perhaps it is being addressed in a later version of asterisk?  I have seen
no mention of it in the release notes for 1.4.

Thanks
Mark Price