[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-commits] rizzo: trunk r48001 - /trunk/main/channel.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Dec 1 13:55:21 MST 2006

asterisk-commits at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Author: rizzo
> Date: Sat Nov 25 03:02:42 2006
> New Revision: 48001

> Log:
> set pointers to NULL after freeing memory to avoid multiple free()
>
> probably 1.4/1.2 issue as well if someone can look into that.

This is beginning to concern me... we've already explicitly changed
policies to keep this from being done, because putting the burden on
someone else to review the change and determine whether it is applicable
to a release branch (or two) is unreasonable. You've already spent the
time to find and analyze the problem and create a solution.... someone
else won't have the benefit of the understand you have gained of the
code path and situation, and will have to re-do that work to determine
whether the change is appropriate or not in the other branches.

Everyone else seems perfectly capable and willing to follow the
prescribed policy of making bugfixes in the oldest maintained release
branch first, then pulling those changes into the newer release
branch(es) and finally the development trunk.