[asterisk-dev] RTP Packetization (bugid 5162)

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Aug 31 14:23:31 MST 2006

>> I've been looking at the remaining RTP-based channel drivers to see
if
>> they could be made to leverage this functionality (easily).  Two
channel
>> drivers have already been updated to use this feature, chan_sip and
>> chan_ooh323.

> Just a quick note, Dan:

> Thanks for keeping this work alive!
Not a problem.  I need it in my orginization and a patch that gets
included in the core is easier than maintaining it out of tree.

> We need to check into the SDP headers for this as well. The ptime and

> maxptime headers are of special interest.
I know that SB has put special effort into the ptime headers, going
so far as to make chan_sip 'synch' to the far ends prefered ptime, but
I don't know if he has looked at maxptime.