[asterisk-dev] app_queue member naming and AMI events

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Aug 25 14:39:28 MST 2006

----- Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar> wrote:
> a large/real life callcenter you can have Local/XXX at agents
> referencing
> to Agent XXX, Agent YYY or Agent ZZZ. It won't be as easy as just

Can you describe how that is possible? All we are doing is replacing Agent/123 with Local/123 at agents... when chan_agent was in the picture, a call to Agent/123 always went to that agent's assigned physical device. If the dialplan logic in the agents context does the same thing, then I don't see how Local/123 at agents (as a queue member name, not as a channel name) could ever have a destination other than the device assigned to agent 123.

Note that this 'member name' stuff we are talking about will have absolutely no bearing on channel names at all; it will only affect queue_log entries, Manager events generated by app_queue (those in the 'AGENT' category, which is misnamed) and console messages where it is relevant. I understand the complexity of dealing Local channels that appear and disappear in something like Flash Operator Panel, but the current discussion won't have any effect on that, unless I am mistaken.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer