[asterisk-dev] app_queue member naming and AMI events

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Fri Aug 25 13:29:16 MST 2006

> I'm not really sure that this 'name' thing is going to happen for 1.4
>  anyway, now that I've realized the impact all these changes would
>  have. Changing external processes to look for 'Local/XXXX at agents'
>  instead of 'Agent/XXXX' seems relatively straightforward to me, and
>  users have until Asterisk 1.6 before they will be forced to make any
>  changes anyway.

It is straightforward if you have a static or basic config. But in a
large call center it is not. The main problem is that Local/XXX at agents
is not always the same as Agent/XXX, perhaps in the average SOHO, but in
a large/real life callcenter you can have Local/XXX at agents referencing
to Agent XXX, Agent YYY or Agent ZZZ. It won't be as easy as just
convert from one to the other. Maybe you can achieve that by using
dialplan magic, external databases or something like that. But I think
it is more logical to have that on app_queue.

I would really like to see the name added to dynamic members if
Agentcallbacklogin is going bye bye. Local channels are a real pain to
deal with in AMI, at least on an agnostic way.

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>