[asterisk-dev] app_queue member naming and AMI events

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Aug 25 11:24:38 MST 2006

----- Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> When you are coding for this new member field, could you also add in a
> "contact" field as well ? We are using the jabber interface at the
> moment, and it would sooooo much nicer if we could specify the
> jabberid
> of the member as well as the normal "name".  Also, it would be great
> if
> member information could be passed as channel variables into the
> dialplan.

What use would this 'contact' field be for any code in Asterisk? How would member information be passed into the dialplan, during a call being placed to that member? If so, you can look up any information you want for that member via the DB() function or an external database, there's no point in turning app_queue into a database for information that it doesn't need for its own purposes.

I'm not really sure that this 'name' thing is going to happen for 1.4 anyway, now that I've realized the impact all these changes would have. Changing external processes to look for 'Local/XXXX at agents' instead of 'Agent/XXXX' seems relatively straightforward to me, and users have until Asterisk 1.6 before they will be forced to make any changes anyway.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer