[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Aug 4 11:04:41 MST 2006

Jared Smith wrote:

>>I don't see how this is complaining. I am trying to solve a problem,
>>and given the lack of documentation out there, this is one of the few
>>places to turn.
>

> Maybe it's because of the tone of your emails, and how you seem to think
> the Asterisk community is a group of idiots because we don't share the
> same view of IAX2 as you do.  Maybe it's your insistence that you're
> right and we're wrong, even when you fail to read the responses written
> to you.  (Then again, maybe we are a group of idiots, and maybe I should
> calm down and eat some breakfast before I read my email first thing in
> the morning.  Who knows?)

I know.

I read pretty much every post on this list, and pretty much every post
on -dev, too.

Doug is far and away the poster most apt to complain about Asterisk, and
its developers, in a derogatory fashion.  A few of his stock phrases to
describe things that don't do exactly what he wants them to are, "this
is crazy," "I can't believe the developers didn't think of this," and
"incredible, I know."  It goes on and on.

Doug doesn't just complain; he denigrates.  He is the biggest troll on
either list, by far.

The comical upshot is that he also has used the list several times to
troll for a *job.*  What Asterisk administrator in his right mind would
want to hire the biggest complainer on the list to come in and make life
miserable for everyone?

Doug isn't dumb, and he does appear to read at least some of what others
write on the list.  Why he persists in thinking that his snide, "I am
smarter than all of you" attitude is really going to help him get
anywhere, is a question to be taken up between him and his analyst.

B.

believed to be clean.