[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Andrey S. Pankov casper at casper.org.ua
Fri Apr 28 17:33:20 MST 2006

Hi, all,

Any comments on the fact?
Will I still have access to the bugtracker?
Shall I tell you all IP addresses I use for you to deny even
anonymous access for me?

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> We do show our appreciation for active contributors as much as we can;
> we are always open to suggestions :-)

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-April/020252.html

Do you really? Are you really open?
Corydon is known to be particularly "active" in the negative sense on
the bugtracker conflicting as much as he can.

I know dozens of people who had conflicts with him Tilghman. Can you
confirm it, Mr. Lesher?

I really don't want that Asterisk become a project people would better
ignore because of other "people behind the project" like it was with
GnuGK (see lists.openh323.org for details) for example. But there is
no way for Asterisk to nearly completely change the core development/
support team like it was in the case of GnuGK. I'm really unsure about
how long can survive an Asterisk based project (have you ever heard
about Aefirion dead now it seems). Who we see behind OpenPBX project?
They are people you used to see as active Asterisk contributor (in
the past). Did you ever asked yourselves WHY they didn't contribute
any more? They are tired... and you'll never know WHY. You can guess,
but do you really want to crack your mind on such a negligible point?

Not that I do like OpenPBX fanaticism in removing copyright headers
and renaming macros/functions... but I do remember people saying
"let's merge this into OpenPBX for them to see it works" here on the
list. I'd like to point the attention on that there is no way for
Digium to "spy" on derived projects. All changes should be disclaimed.
And changes made to a derived project are not disclamed anymore, even
if they are the same people who contributed to Asterisk in the past.

For those intrested I'd like you to post your comments to
solid-pbx-users at lists.berlios.de mailing list. You will not be ignored,
trust me please...

Regards,
Andrey S Pankov (casper)