[asterisk-dev] autoconf_and_menuselect branch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Apr 24 08:32:07 MST 2006

Andrey S. Pankov wrote:

> 19 months is not enough to be "a long-standing contributing member", rigth?
> Let me remember you that we both started at the same time (Oct 2004).
> At least this is what karma transactions show... And the date of the
> first bug report for both of us is 09-25-04. I'm always was in TOP 15
> contributing member list. Any questions here?

No, and please forgive me for not doing my research before sending a
response to the list. My only excuse is that I don't remember you being
involved in many (or most) of the development discussions on this list
or on the old developer conference calls (which is a timezone issue, not
your fault). Again, my apologies.

> to happen again in the nearest future" (c) Olle. It's not enough
> "really appreciate" what other people do, you'd really appreciate that
> they do it for free for their own pleasure, not to make money, but to
> help others and to help the project. I'd really like Digium to hire a
> QA consultant. It seems like it is a must have in the current situation.

I won't disagree with that.

We do show our appreciation for active contributors as much as we can;
many of them have been brought to trade shows at our expense, including
travel to far-off places. Given the widely dispersed nature of the
community, there's not much else we can do that I am aware of, but we
are always open to suggestions :-)