[asterisk-dev] H324M Gateway

Sergio García Murillo Sergio.Garcia at ydilo.com
Tue Apr 25 07:26:33 MST 2006

Steve Underwood wrote:
> Sergio García Murillo wrote:
>>
>> Would it be just framing the gsm amr stream in covered by the
>> transcoded license?
>> I don't know much of gsm framing, if it's fixed length or if you have
>> to do a more in deep analisys of the stream to construct the rtp
>> packet (as it would be the case of h263).
>>

> Do you mean analysing what comes from the handset? If so, then yes,
> the AMR bit stream between the base station and handset is very
> speech oriented, with lots of error correction on things like the
> MSBs of the frame energy, and almost no error correction for the
> LSBs.

No, I mean that if we are able to establish a video call what we are going to get in asterisk from
the audio channel is a bit stream, and we will have to convert somehow into an rtp packet.
If the gsm arm has a fixed length framing, then we just have to count bits, pack them and fit it in an rtp packet.
If the gsm needs some special framing depending on the internal structure of the stream (as it's the case of h263), you need to do some parsing (but not decoding) of the stream to know where are the frame boundaries.

Sergio
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.