[asterisk-dev] H324M Gateway

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Tue Apr 25 07:47:39 MST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:36:06PM +0200, Sergio Garca Murillo wrote:

> Would it be just framing the gsm amr stream in covered by the transcoded license?
> I don't know much of gsm framing, if it's fixed length or if you have to do a more in deep analisys of
> the stream to construct the rtp packet (as it would be the case of h263).
> Also parsing of the h263 stream to find the gob boundaries would be considered transcoding also?
> If we could just do the framing withouth any license problems it would be more than enougth.
> You could use softphones like Eyebean that dedoce and encode both streams or use asterisk as a videomail server for example.

I don't know. If you license the AMR codec it's the above. I only know
as I was involved with an application that converted various sound
formats to AMR (and reverse) and it was concurrent conversions that were
licensed (with a min of 10,000).

If you're not decoding the AMR but just re-packaging it may not count.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com