[asterisk-dev] Presentation bit and local channels

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 19 04:18:09 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 10:56 +0100, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> On Asterisk 1.2.5, the presentation bit is not preserved across
> Dial(Local/...). This breaks callerid in the following scenario:
>
> PSTN -> Zap -> Asterisk -> Zap -> PSTN -> Some UK mobile providers such
> as Vodafone.
>
> The presentation bit comes in as 3 (provided by the network) and goes
> out as 0 (provided by the user, not screened). Vodafone seems to hide
> callerid if the presentation bit is 0.
>
> If there is no Dial(Local/...), just a Dial(Zap/...) then the
> presentation bit is left as 3 for the outbound call.
>
> Using SetCallerPres(allowed) provides a workaround, and this is what we
> are doing now.
>
> To me, this seems a bug. Would anyone have any objections to me opening
> a Mantis ticket for it?

Alistair,

I had come across this one also a few months back and could not figure
it out until (iirc) tzanger on #asterisk-dev pointed me to
SetCallerPres(allowed). So it seems this is intended behavior. I can't
say I like this rather non-obvious concept so I would welcome a bug with
the request that the presentation bit be preserved.

Regards,
Patrick