[asterisk-dev] Presentation bit and local channels

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Apr 19 02:56:58 MST 2006

On Asterisk 1.2.5, the presentation bit is not preserved across
Dial(Local/...). This breaks callerid in the following scenario:

PSTN -> Zap -> Asterisk -> Zap -> PSTN -> Some UK mobile providers such
as Vodafone.

The presentation bit comes in as 3 (provided by the network) and goes
out as 0 (provided by the user, not screened). Vodafone seems to hide
callerid if the presentation bit is 0.

If there is no Dial(Local/...), just a Dial(Zap/...) then the
presentation bit is left as 3 for the outbound call.

Using SetCallerPres(allowed) provides a workaround, and this is what we
are doing now.

To me, this seems a bug. Would anyone have any objections to me opening
a Mantis ticket for it?

--
Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,