[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny - SCOigo is now TROLLING

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Apr 5 21:32:33 MST 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> jason justman wrote:
>

>>> The line lamps have always worked in chan_skinny and are most absolutely
>>> defined in the SCCP protocol.   How do you figure that Cisco Call Manager
>>> solutions deal with the busy status lamp ??????
>>>

>> CCM didn't until the 5.0(1) release which was sometime around Feb 28th.
>

> Then why does documentation for CCM 3.1 show it?
>

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet09186a0080091d7c.html

*pipes up*

I'll disclaim this by saying I've never developed on chan_sccp or
chan_skinny, but we have about 100 phones, running on CCM 3.1, that use
the busy lamp functionality.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but this discussion
seems to be saying that that's not possible with 7940's and 7960's running
sccp on a CCM?

Second, um, can't this all be worked out in a less confrontational manner
on the list?  I think we all heard the same back and forth for hours, it
is getting kinda tiring... Just to play devil's advocate... what's so
difficult about getting the disclaimers and supporting the asterisk
community (sergio), biting the bullet, and possibly being the better man?
I will agree with the idea that throwing accusations around on a public
mailing list should take a bit of proof, otherwise it's just going to rile
people up.  I may be throwing gas on the fire, but this discussion isn't
really conducive to either side.

</meddling>

--
Aaron Daniel