[Asterisk-Dev] [OT] [Very OT] socket connection from perl to visual basic

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Sep 29 12:45:10 MST 2005

Mark Aiken wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I've seen problems like this where the sending Linux application sends
> much faster or in different segment sizes than the same Windows based app.
>
> Try sending the data in slower and/or smaller chunks in your Perl
> script. Put a delay between the chunks or figure out a way to otherwise
> slow down the data.
>
> You are probably uncovering a bug in the Windows app that doesn't happen
> when the data arrives at a different rate or segment size.
>
> Mark

Already tried this.  Slowed the perl script down to sending 50 byte
chunks (Windows app sends ~150 per segment) with 5 seconds (more/less
has same effect) between each segment.  No changes.

Again, it doesn't seem to matter what I send it, absolutely any data
will crash the app, only no data (open->close) seems to let the app live
-- but what is the point of a socket connection I cannot send any data over.

On your last point -- I'm sure of it -- but they insist that it's my
problem :(

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade, CCNA, CCDA, CQS-CIPTES, CQS-CWLSS