[Asterisk-Dev] Interesting AEL / Variable issue

Corey Frang corey at rockriver.net
Thu Sep 29 15:31:00 MST 2005

Alright, So, I'm trying to think of a good way around this problem.

                followRing=${DB(FOLLOWMERING/${followMeExtension})};

Is a line I have in my AEL dialplan.  This is getting rewritten to
Set(followRing=$[ ..... ])

The problem is, the DB() function can return NULL, which casues an
ast_expr2.fl yyeror warning.

Without wrapping everything in DBExists() function calls, Is there a way
we can update the asterisk expressions to assume a $[ ] is meant to be
just plain empty?