[Asterisk-Dev] Echo cancellation on GPU

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sun Sep 25 15:34:03 MST 2005

As a contributor to the earlier discussion, another significant problem
with using GPU's is getting the processed result back rapidly from the
card - the drivers are (maybe were) poorly optimised for it.

This situation may now be changing with the more recently released (6000
and 7000) series nVidia GPUs. I have nothing to support this other than
a comment on the box of a PCIe Quadro 540 I recently installed, which
states in respect of its PCIe interface "This new bus doubles the
bandwidth of AGP 8X delivering over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and
downstream data transfers."

Whether this is delivered in the real world is another story.

Regards,

Richard