[Asterisk-Dev] Echo cancellation on GPU

lconroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 20:55:57 MST 2005

PCI-E (as used in PEG cards) was supposed to allow just that kind of -
 >bidirectional<- bandwidth.
It's one reason why some folk have experimented with SLI/Crossfire
configurations without the separate cross-card connector - in that
case, it flows into and back out via the PCI-E.

I do wonder if this work should wait until the manufacturers have
actually implemented the GPGPU concept for real (i.e. outside a lab
and into some firmware).

I also think that you are a brave bunch of b*st*rds to even think of
developing your own (efficient) drivers for this - I'm not sure if
the NVidia or ATI Linux drivers have enough (open) source available
to give you somewhere to start.

all the best,
   Lawrence