[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sat Sep 24 15:47:05 MST 2005

> Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>

>> I thought the general idea of a _release_ was that it should be
>> stable, not having to wait till 1.2.37
>>

> Was the Linux kernel stable on the v1.2.0 release?    How about the
> v2.6.0 release?   Making constant progress toward complete
> stability is the nature of software development.  You have
> obviously diluted yourself, if you expect a complex multi-threaded
> application, like Asterisk, to not have issues that require
> immediate attention on a major revision release.

please

the general idea of a RELEASE should be it should be stable, not
simply gambling on enough testers throughout the stabilisation
process of beleiving it is. if asterisk 1.2 is going to be released
without being thoroughfully tested, why go into the beta in the first
place? just release 1.2 NOW! it probably works for the developers
after all?

roy