[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Sep 24 16:50:23 MST 2005

On Saturday 24 September 2005 17:47, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> >> I thought the general idea of a _release_ was that it should be
> >> stable, not having to wait till 1.2.37
> >
> > Was the Linux kernel stable on the v1.2.0 release?    How about
> > the v2.6.0 release?   Making constant progress toward complete
> > stability is the nature of software development.  You have
> > obviously diluted yourself, if you expect a complex
> > multi-threaded application, like Asterisk, to not have issues
> > that require immediate attention on a major revision release.
>
> please
>
> the general idea of a RELEASE should be it should be stable, not
> simply gambling on enough testers throughout the stabilisation
> process of beleiving it is. if asterisk 1.2 is going to be released
> without being thoroughfully tested, why go into the beta in the
> first place? just release 1.2 NOW! it probably works for the
> developers after all?

And what are you doing to ensure the increased stability of the 1.2
release?

Bitching, whining, and complaining don't do anything for the stability
of the release, although that appears to be all that you're doing.  I
haven't seen a single bug report from you on Mantis about bugs in 1.2
beta.

--
Tilghman