[Asterisk-Dev] removing depreciated code?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sat Sep 24 12:23:37 MST 2005

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> I thought the general idea of a _release_ was that it should be
> stable, not having to wait till 1.2.37

Was the Linux kernel stable on the v1.2.0 release?    How about the
v2.6.0 release?   Making constant progress toward complete stability is
the nature of software development.  You have obviously diluted
yourself, if you expect a complex multi-threaded application, like
Asterisk, to not have issues that require immediate attention on a major
revision release.

Jeremy McNamara