[Asterisk-Dev] Impossible for an extension to send Flash to Bell CO?

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:07:08 MST 2005

I couldn't resolve this on the users group:

My client has two Bell lines, each with 3 way calling enabled. B4 Asterisk,
he was able to use this configuration to establish a 5-way call – him and 2
callers on each line. He wants to maintain this conferencing ability ON BELL
lines w/ Asterisk, but I'm finding it quite difficult.

I have threewaycalling=yes on the FXS lines (ZAP/1 & ZAP/2). The Bell lines
are on ZAP/3 & ZAP/4.

Assume Zap/1-1 represents the original call, and it's bridged with
Zap/3. Following
the Flash press, Asterisk finds that Zap/3 is busy when it processes the
dial plan for Zap/1-2 . As a result, it bridges it onto Zap/4. The three-way
call works, but both FXO lines are used up and I can't add any more callers.

The problem of course, is that when Flash is pressed, it's processed by
Asterisk and it's not sent to the Bell CO. I tried updating the dial plan to
trap the second instance of an FXS line when Flash is pressed. My intention
was to use the Flash command to send the Flash to the Bell CO, but Asterisk
complains that it's not an FXO channel, which it's not!

B4 I do any more work on this, perhaps it's simply impossible. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hugh