[Asterisk-Dev] Authorisation field for voicemail.conf

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 7 09:49:33 MST 2005

Mark Elkins wrote:
> I need a User Authorisation field and the most appropriate place to put
> it is in the voicemail.conf file.
>
> Why "User Auth"? This would be a small integer which would be the level
> of authentication that a user is assigned - a level of 0 would limit
> calls to internal only (+ 911), 1 for local, 2 for long distance -
> etc...

I understand the problem - a lack of a user object in Asterisk.
We will have to fix something like this, but in another way, for
Asterisk 1.3 when we're done with 1.2 and it's released and ready.

Right now, I would add a setvar to the sip.conf/iax.conf device entries
to specify username and another one for authorization.

/Olle