[Asterisk-Dev] Authorisation field for voicemail.conf

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Sep 7 11:08:20 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Right now, I would add a setvar to the sip.conf/iax.conf device entries
> to specify username and another one for authorization.

He requested a method that was not device-centric, but was instead
user-centric. In that case, regardless of the device, the user will have
to identify and authenticate, which VMAuthenticate can easily do. Once
that is done, the user id (mailbox number) can be used to retrieve the
authorization info.