[Asterisk-Dev] Attempting to make new documentation for new settings

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 05:30:46 MST 2005

Hello again all...

I'm working on updating the voip-info documentation for (currently) the
sip.conf configuration file, and wanted to check and make sure I understand
what certain new setting names do....

call-limit - replaces incominglimit and outgoinglimit? (also, why does/did
outgoinglimit and incominglimit kill registrations for users who
accidentally receive or attempt placing calls above limit?)
sendrpid - sends remote partyid for callerid info
trustrpid - tells asterisk to trust the rpid that is sent by the UA
progressinband - (what are the valid setting values for this?)  tells
asterisk whether or not to send call progress information inband... need
more info on this if possible
useclientcode - ?? not sure about this one
restrictcid - use "restricted" or other similar anonymous info for callerid
template - I THINK this defines another sip.conf entry to use as a template
for this entry. Settings set in the template but not in the current entity
would be seen as the entity's setting. (does the template's settings
override entity's defined settings?)
subscribecontext - don't have any REAL idea what this is for....
videosupport - enable SIP video support for this client

Any input from the developers would be extremely helpful to ensure that my
documentation is accurate. Furthering/refining the defnitions I have would
also be EXTREMELY helpful.

Cheers all

SKM