[Asterisk-Dev] Attempting to make new documentation for new settings

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 21 08:08:06 MST 2005

Sherwood McGowan wrote:
> Hello again all...
>
> I'm working on updating the voip-info documentation for (currently) the
> sip.conf configuration file, and wanted to check and make sure I
> understand what certain new setting names do....
Great!
Make sure you do not delete 1.0 config options, but clearly document
which options *only* work in 1.0 and which are introduced in 1.2.

> call-limit - replaces incominglimit and outgoinglimit? (also, why
> does/did outgoinglimit and incominglimit kill registrations for users
> who accidentally receive or attempt placing calls above limit?)
Yes, it replaces incominglimit/outgoinglimit.
If it kills registrations, it's something wrong and you need to tell me
more about it.

> useclientcode - ?? not sure about this one
A SNOM specific setting that reads a client code sent by the phone.

> template - I THINK this defines another sip.conf entry to use as a
> template for this entry. Settings set in the template but not in the
> current entity would be seen as the entity's setting. (does the
> template's settings override entity's defined settings?)
There is no such setting in chan_sip. Used to exist in chan_sip2, but
that was a long time ago, several months.

> subscribecontext - don't have any REAL idea what this is for....
To set the context in the dial plan you use for subscriptions. This is
to limit the scope of subscriptions if you have several user groups
sharing a PBX. You don't want anyone to be able to subscribe to the
status of your phone, or your boss' phone.

/O