[Asterisk-Dev] Help needed for custom application

Marc Haisenko haisenko at be-ok.com
Mon Oct 24 01:27:39 MST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 19:36, John Todd wrote:
> This sounds like you're trying to do an
> intercept, but with dual way audio?  I would
> suggest looking at app_chanspy for ideas.  I'm
> somewhat unclear on what the actual goal is of
> your project, so perhaps some diagrams might help
> here.
>
> JT

Thanks for the hint, I'll look into it.

Problem is, I still don't know whether I'm allowed to explain what this
project is about. If I did, you'd understand :-) I'll ask the one responsible
as soon as I can catch him.

I try to rephrase what this application needs to do:

It should act like a dial, only with the option of dialing a second
destination while the connection to the first destination is still open. Kind
of like a conference, but where the conference room initiates calls: you call
the conference room, the conference room calls the first destination. When a
certain event happens, the conference room calls a second destination. The
source should be able to hear both destinations, and both destinations should
hear the source. But the destinations may not hear each other.

If both destination channels have been hung up, the source should be hung up
as well. If the source hangs up, both destination channels should be hung up.

+--------+  <------------> destination1         (dialed immediately)
| source |
+--------+  <------------> destination2         (dialed on demand)

Hope that clears that up a bit.