[Asterisk-Dev] AST_FRAME_DATA

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 7 00:53:25 MST 2005

Christian Richter wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm maintainer of chan_misdn. I'd like to add a frame type to asterisk
> which allows it to transport binary data in chunks through asterisk.
> This is in my opinion the easiest way of exchange hdlc frames between
> different channel drivers, which have the corresponding
> transfercapabilieties.

Oh, then I can transport SIP data from chan_sip to chan_misdn and let
you handle the parsing :-)

Aside from joking, this seems to contradict the idea of a multiprotocol
PBX, to start shipping binary protocol-specific data through the pbx.
If we implement a new channel property and treat this as an
through-pbx-native-bridge maybe, but it makes me worried.

/O