[Asterisk-Dev] AST_FRAME_DATA

Christian Richter christian.richter at beronet.com
Mon Nov 7 09:33:29 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>Christian Richter wrote:
>

>>Hi List,
>>
>>I'm maintainer of chan_misdn. I'd like to add a frame type to asterisk
>>which allows it to transport binary data in chunks through asterisk.
>>This is in my opinion the easiest way of exchange hdlc frames between
>>different channel drivers, which have the corresponding
>>transfercapabilieties.
>>

>Oh, then I can transport SIP data from chan_sip to chan_misdn and let
>you handle the parsing :-)

Is there a digital type of call for sip ? (without joking)

>Aside from joking, this seems to contradict the idea of a multiprotocol
>PBX, to start shipping binary protocol-specific data through the pbx.

hum .. i thought my idea would even add quite more
multiprotocol-features to asterisk ?!

>If we implement a new channel property and treat this as an
>through-pbx-native-bridge maybe, but it makes me worried.

No, i really think that depending on  (ast->transfercapability ==
UNRESTRICTED_DIGITAL) && (ast->bridge->type != MYTYPE) we can safely
send our hdlc data with a AST_FRAME_DATA to the remote channel driver.

I don't think we should natively bridge between different channel
drivers at the moment. Maybe we'll have later some thing like a
zapte2misdn bridge, but this needs to be investigated more deeply.

/c