[Asterisk-Dev] SCCP enhancements

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Fri May 13 20:55:54 MST 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 08:11:18PM +0100, Simon Lockhart arranged a set of bits into the following:
> On Fri May 13, 2005 at 12:14:11PM -0400, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> > Then Jan, et al should disclaim their damn code so it could get included
> > with Asterisk.
chan_sccp has diverged enough from the Asterisk build system that I'm
not sure it would get accepted without a logt of work that can be spent
improving the codebase. However were I to get a mail from Digium about
this I would certainly do what I could.

> This is my other concern about working on chan_sccp(2).
>
> I tried registering as a user on Jan's mantis instance, but it never sent me
> the email with a password in. I've emailed the patch (to make chan_sccp work
Unfortunatly Jan's mantis instance has an issue at the moment (and for
the last while), unfortunatly Jan's really busy and has passed the
maintainer mantle on to me, and so far I've not been able to get around
to moving the bugtracker (I'm coming up to semester exams) over to
either the sourceforge tracker, or asking digium if they would consider
hosting it on theirs.

> on solaris and fix the RTP one-way audio problems) to Jan, but have not had
> a reply.
E-mail them to me, I'll check them over and commit them (and one-way
audio should have been fixed with the mayday release).
Again I've had lots of people say or infer that they have large patches
against chan_sccp to get various things working, but have never seen
anything from most of them. (And yes there are several patches
languishing in my private tree, but the most important of them are going
in to mainline this weekend)

> At least with chan_skinny I can have some (reasonable) confidence that patches
> will get accepted.
The reason I'm maintaining chan_sccp now is simply because the code was
so much cleaner then chan_skinny that I could actually work on it and
fix bugs, and at the time Jan was accepting patches fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Julien
chan_sccp project lead