[Asterisk-Dev] chan_bluetooth

Brent Priddy toopriddy at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:01:32 MST 2005

> Quoting private mail in public... I'm sure you'll forgive me.

sorry, just hit the wrong thing in gmail, should have replied to all

do you have a problem where you get a postmaster undeliverable email
for stuff you send to asterisk-dev from:

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

      asterisk-dev at telappliant.com

> I've imported Theo's 'latest' tarball and then committed my original
> snapshot and a few changes I've made since then. It might even build on
> a legacy^Wlittle-endian machine now, for example :)

Is Theo still working on this? it seems like the last update was forever ago

> If you've already submitted a disclaimer to Digium and want a real
> account with commit privs, then mail me a SSH public key.

No I have not, I printed it out and will drop it off by digium's
office this evening, ah hah I save a stamp

> Wrong-endian samples sound fairly much like white noise. That can happen
> if you get a single byte out of sync in the SCO data stream. How
> repeatable is it? Try byte-swapping. Or suspect the ring buffer code. We
> should look at making that use queue_frame() directly, I suspect.

I can make this happen on every second call, or if I put my phone a
good distance away from the USB bluetooth dongle... It is less like
whitenoise and more like someone is inserting a frame of valid voice
in the middle of some harsh computer noises.. much like the sick in
the bike tire analogy that I mentioned before... I could distinctly
hear the voicemail lady from t-mobile through it all, though (I call
my voicemail to test, free for me cheap for them)