[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Sat May 7 06:50:42 MST 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Matt Fredrickson waxed:

> > > Are you offering to do this patch?  If so, please create a bug.
>
> Yeah, I've been trying to avoid this one for a while.  I need to sit
> down and think about it for a while about a good way to do it.  Does anybody
> have any worthwhile suggestions as to what sort of interface we should
> have for configuring it?

Not sure, but sending arbitrary PRI messages was discussed in this thread:

    http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-November/007389.html

> > There's this:
> >
> >     http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4068
>
> Somebody needs to write a patch.  You can wish all you want, but if there
> is no one coding it, we can't hold up 1.2 just for it.

With the new PRI debug to file stuff, it seems like there's
less of a need for this.  But it would still be useful.

> > and this:
> >
> >     http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3450
> >
> > 3450 is nice. Allows me to take down a single channel from asterisk CLI.
>
> Do you have equipment that supports this and have you tested it?  If so, please
> provide feedback on that bugnote.  I think that cmaj is trying to find people that
> can try it out.  When it is proven to work, I don't see any problems with committing
> it.

Tell you what, I'll write a patch for 4068 once 3450 gets
tested and committed.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester