[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat May 7 19:22:32 MST 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 09:50:42AM -0400, C. Maj wrote:

> > Yeah, I've been trying to avoid this one for a while.  I need to sit
> > down and think about it for a while about a good way to do it.  Does anybody
> > have any worthwhile suggestions as to what sort of interface we should
> > have for configuring it?
>
> Not sure, but sending arbitrary PRI messages was discussed in this thread:
>
>     http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-November/007389.html

I don't think what they're discussing is the right answer in this case.  We don't
want to have to control PRI level functionality (or have to know about it) from the
dialplan level.  It should probably be done at a lower level, perhaps a config
file.

> > > There's this:
> > >
> > >     http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4068
> >
> > Somebody needs to write a patch.  You can wish all you want, but if there
> > is no one coding it, we can't hold up 1.2 just for it.
>
> With the new PRI debug to file stuff, it seems like there's
> less of a need for this.  But it would still be useful.

:-) It's nice to see somebody thinks that is useful.  It was annoying to have to
seperate all the PRI messages out from the console data, that's why I put that
in.

Matthew Fredrickson