[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk "stable"?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon May 2 11:18:44 MST 2005

Travis wrote:
> Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>

>><frustrated>
>
> Admittedly I am new to this community, so as an observer thus far, I can
> say that I have come to see everyone seems to expect all of the features
> but do none of the work.  Then it usually returns to grumpy complaints
> about how asterisk developers are not good, etc, etc.  Then it usually
> turns into a Digium shitfest thereafter.

His complaint was useless trolling, because it was vague and cranky, and
it offered nothing of any constructive value to the community whatsoever.

He should go back to whomever he paid for this software and bitch his
butt off.

If he intends to be part of *this* community, even as a user, he has to
carry his own weight: report bugs in specific, generate tests and bug
reports to document and post to the bug tracker, etc.  We don't all have
developers' chops, but we all can help them by being useful reporters of
anomalies and problems.

Instead he gave us a blanket whine session with not a whit of specifics.

Even this much good energy is wasted on someone with such a bad attitude
towards the software.  He needs to stick to the old way of doing things,
or perhaps move over to VOCAL and see if he finds it to be superior.

B.