[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk "stable"?

Andy lists at automated.it
Mon May 2 11:50:47 MST 2005

On 02/05/2005 at 13:18 Brian Capouch wrote:

>Travis wrote:
>> Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>>

>>><frustrated>
>>
>> Admittedly I am new to this community, so as an observer thus far, I can
>> say that I have come to see everyone seems to expect all of the features
>> but do none of the work.  Then it usually returns to grumpy complaints
>> about how asterisk developers are not good, etc, etc.  Then it usually
>> turns into a Digium shitfest thereafter.
>>

>His complaint was useless trolling, because it was vague and cranky, and
>it offered nothing of any constructive value to the community whatsoever.

I have to disagree. He asked, and was answered, what "stable" really meant.
The fact that 99% of people *think* that stable means stable should scream
out to all developers. Dismissing it as trolling means missing the point.

The rest of his message was probably borne out of sheer frustration.

>He should go back to whomever he paid for this software and bitch his
>butt off.

Sorry but this and your last para, are just irrelavant, the equivalent of FOAD.
Asterisk developers like to do new stuff, fixing bugs isn't as 'sexy' as creating
then next WFD feature...

>Instead he gave us a blanket whine session with not a whit of specifics.

Granted, no specifics but at some point everyone has a whine...

>Even this much good energy is wasted on someone with such a bad attitude
>towards the software.  He needs to stick to the old way of doing things,
>or perhaps move over to VOCAL and see if he finds it to be superior.

Andy