[Asterisk-Dev]About Asterisk Architecture

Andy lists at automated.it
Mon May 2 10:06:16 MST 2005

On 02/05/2005 at 17:01 Deborah MALKA wrote:

> Or comments on the code that can helps me to try to understand
>it ? I use Doxygen, but as there is not a lot of comments in the code,
>it doesn't help a lot. I use snavigator too but ...

Ignore the comments in the code, a lot of them are just plain wrong
and misleading - which means you can't rely on any of them.
If you intend to develop for Asterisk I'de suggest reading the actual code
and determining what it does for yourself. The doxygen stuff isn't particularly
useful unless/until you know what you're looking for.

There are lots of things that could be improved for the developer in Asterisk,
namely access to some hidden core functions. I don't know of any programming
docs at all. Most of what I have done involves disecting the Asterisk code and
leaping about trying to find the function I'm after.. thankfully we have grep -R

:D

Andy