[Asterisk-Dev] FYI: RPM

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Mar 31 14:29:20 MST 2005

--On Wednesday, March 30, 2005 2:36 PM -0500 Greg Boehnlein
<damin at nacs.net> wrote:

> 	When you are happy with your updates, please get me the SRPM file
> and I'll give it a once over, and build on the same target platforms as
> the other RPMS that I've used. Thanks for updating and contributing!

My initial results for just the asterisk tarball (no libpri or zaptel) can
be found here:

<http://home.sewingwitch.com:8000/Stuff/Asterisk/>

This setup runs as user "asterisk", so I moved the PID and pipe into
/var/run/asterisk and changed the configuration accordingly.

The RPM installs disabled, so one must use ntsysv or chkconfig to enable it
for the desired runlevel. This prevents a "bulk" install from turning on a
potentially unsecured service without the user's notice.

I added several scriplets to create the user and restart the server on
update, as well as changing ownership and permissions of root-owned files
from a previous installation.