[Asterisk-Dev] Re: FYI: RPM

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 13:39:12 MST 2005

In article <9490731A3335AB510610A04C@[10.169.6.246]>,
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:
> I just built an RPM of 1.0.7 based on Gregory Boehnlein's work from 1.0.
> I'm now checking to make sure it works, but the changes were relatively
> small. I don't have libpri and zapata installed and yet asterisk builds ok,
> so I removed the build and runtime prereq from the spec file.

AIUI, Asterisk will indeed build without libpri or zaptel installed, BUT it
will omit the parts that depend on them, e.g. MeetMe, PRI support, IAX
trunking, etc.

You should probably have two different builds: one as described above,
called something like asterisk-nozap, and one built with libpri and zaptel
available, specifying them as prereqs.

Cheers
Tony
--