[Asterisk-Dev] FYI: RPM

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Mar 30 19:49:54 MST 2005

--On Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:45 PM -0500 Greg Boehnlein
<damin at nacs.net> wrote:

> Good from a security perspective. You may also want to build a patch for
> the /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk file (look in
> /usr/src/asterisk/contrib/init.d/rc.redhat.asterisk) that sets the proper
> User/Group settings.

Yep, I've written initscripts to run my game servers each under its own
user for isolation.

Meanwhile, I've successfully tested my (root) installation against Firefly
with IAX across the Net. (I have an iptables exception on the server to my
home address.)