[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with call recording (and NEWJB?)

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Mar 22 07:44:32 MST 2005

Tamas,

    Do calls which are not being monitored work well with the New JB?  I
can see two possibilities here:

a) There's a problem with the NEWJB handling something about your
environment;  generally, you'd see this on the calls going IAX->*->PRI
you mention.  See the new README.jitterbuffer, or my previous e-mails to
the list for debugging steps here.  Do iax2 show netstats to see what
the jitterbuffer is doing..

b) There's some strange interaction between res_monitor, (or more
specifically, the monitoring stuff in channel.c, and ast_writestream and
friends), and the new JB.   Perhaps it is barfing when it sees
interpolation frames (voice frames with datalen==0), or something, but
if you're recording to slinear, the PLC should actually make more normal
voice frames in this case..