[Asterisk-Dev] moh again... architectural bug (missing synchronization)

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Jun 15 10:47:49 MST 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:32:33AM -0700, Kevin Bockman wrote:
> HI Luigi,
> >
> > I wonder if the lack of /dev/zap/timer prevents moh from
> > working, which seems a real bug considering that the generator
> > already supplies the necessary data...
>
> Yes, MOH needs a timer whether it be ztdummy (usb or rtc) or hardware.
> You'll need to install zaptel, then recompile Asterisk.

well my point was that the 'generator' already provides
data in a reasonably timely fashion so the timer is unnecessary.
I was asking how to tell the channel that we don't care about
the clock, just the frames that come from the generator :)

> So this threads issue will eat up memory and not release it?  I guess

no, there is no memory leakage related to this issue.

luigi