[Asterisk-Dev] separator's in extension commands

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:04:49 MST 2005

I posted the question on -users first but thought maybe this might be
the place to get the best answer.

I have some code that has functions for manipulating both the standard
configuration files (via realtime static), and also realtime
extensions.  There doesn't seem to be a set standard for separators in
the dial command arguments, at least not if I go by the wiki.  For the
the static config I've seen a mixture of both pipe and comma used for
different commands.  In realtime extensions pipe's work for
everything, although the wiki only specifically mentions that they are
needed for goto commands.

Is the pipe the new standard?  Is it safe when using HEAD to only use
a pipe as a separator?  I could swear I heard that the pipe would be
replacing comma's altogether.

Chris